It’s “low-carb” so it’s good for you.
Earlier this year, while visiting our good friends and owners of Cream City Market, we held a cooking night amongst the four of us. The idea was for each person to come up with an original recipe using Cream City Market cheese curds as a star ingredient. We went to the grocery store together, came up with good ideas for recipes, ate some great food, and had a ton of fun together. Excellent way to spend an evening—if your friends can cook. Luckily, my friends can cook.
My recipe idea was to feature the Cream City Market mozzarella whips and some asparagus (both cut on a bias) to give at least the shape of if not also the flavors of a penne pasta dish. It turned out really well and my friends have featured my recipe on their website.
- 1/2 lb. pancetta, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot. minced
- bundle asparagus, cut on bias
- 5 oz. Cream City Whips, cut into 1″ strips
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- pine nuts
Serves: I would say this serves 4, but honestly, you’re going to want to eat it all yourself.
- Toast pine nuts, set aside
- In same pan, brown pancetta.
- Add garlic & shallot, sauté.
- Add asparagus, sauté 3 minutes.
- Toss with Cream City Whips, olive oil, and squeezed lemon.
- Garnish with pine nuts and parsley.
Head over to Cream City Market and order yourself some cheese curds!No Comments >