It’s “low-carb” so it’s good for you.
Earlier this year, while visiting our good friends and owners of Cream City Market, we held a cooking night amongst the four of us. The idea was for each person to come up with an original recipe using Cream City Market cheese curds as a star ingredient. We went to the grocery store together, came up with good ideas for recipes, ate some great food, and had a ton of fun together. Excellent way to spend an eveningâ€”if your friends can cook. Luckily, my friends can cook.
My recipe idea was to feature the Cream City Market mozzarella whips and some asparagus (both cut on a bias) to give at least the shape of if not also the flavors of a penne pasta dish. It turned out really well and my friends have featured my recipe on their website.
- 1/2 lb. pancetta, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot. minced
- bundle asparagus, cut on bias
- 5 oz. Cream City Whips, cut into 1″ strips
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- pine nuts
Serves: I would say this serves 4, but honestly, you’re going to want to eat it all yourself.
- Toast pine nuts, set aside
- In same pan, brown pancetta.
- Add garlic & shallot, sautÃ©.
- Add asparagus, sautÃ© 3 minutes.
- Toss with Cream City Whips, olive oil, and squeezed lemon.
- Garnish with pine nuts and parsley.
Head over to Cream City Market and order yourself some cheese curds!No Comments >