I thought of this recipe one day after swimming in lava.
- ground ginger
- ground turmeric
- ground cayenne
- apple cider vinegar
- orange juice
- Mix equal parts of the dry ground rhizomes and spice in a resealable container like a Ball jar.
- In an 8 oz. drinking glass (or bigger, whatever) add some of the dry mix. Use about 1/4 teaspoon if you’re a wimp or about a full teaspoon if you have something to prove.
- To the dry mix add about a teaspoon of honey and around an 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine. The dry things combine best if the wet things are room temperature.
- Once combination has been achieved, pat yourself on the back then fill the rest of the glass with orange juice. Again, there are options here: Use pulp-free OJ if you’re a wimp or just dump in whole purÃ©ed oranges if you have something to prove.
- Add some whiskey if you think another dimension of fire sounds nice.
What does this fantastic elixir cure?
Boredom and a random selection of ailments found on WebMD.
How long does this keep?
Why, for the love of all that’s tasty, does everyone always ask how long things can be kept?! Just eat and drink the delicious things.
Why are none of the measurements exact?!?!
The thing about recipes is that no one ever follows them exactly. Even if I told you precisely how to make this drink, you’d still alter it somehow. Use the ingredients you have. Substitute something for another. Try a new idea. Have fun!